We have been serving the private school, child care, and summer camp needs of the Woodbridge community since 1984, initially as Minnieland Country Day School, and in 2003 rededicated as The Merit School of Prince William. Located on 2 ½ wooded acres on Spriggs Road, we provide a safe, secure, and natural setting for children to learn, grow and explore.
The mission of The Merit School of Prince William is to provide our students with successful learning opportunities. These opportunities are designed to meet the individual needs of our students as we prepare them to be responsible citizens and valued members of the community.
- Include our families and the community in the educational process.
- Provide challenging and individualized curricula that encourage our students’ creativity and love of learning.
- Promote character building and problem-solving skills.
- Foster our students’ feelings of self-esteem, self-worth, and respect for others.
- Establish a safe and supportive learning environment that accepts and respects diversity.